In this role, the Manufacturing Engineer driving cross-functional ownership of Quality, Simplification and Process Improvements. As a Manufacturing Engineer you will support execution of mfg. process as well as the overall Quality Management System (QMS) for the Site Supply Chain organization including a face to the customer, building credibility and confidence in their Quality processes.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Focal point for assigned parts and suppliers
- Ensure supplier execution of manufacturing process plan
- Liaison between supplier and engineering team
- Schedule management
- Ensure alignment of requirements to process capability, lead manufacturing process reviews, work with suppliers and quality focal points in the execution and assurance of PPAP elements , all in ensuring on-time production ramp can be met and ensuring
- Provide Quality, simplification and process improvement leadership for site operations/projects; participate on quality forums, highlight key quality issues, ongoing projects, and drive Quality accountability within site with Site Leader.
- Identify potential process improvement projects and take leadership on managing cross functional processes and drive improvements through multiple stakeholders.
- Support the Quality Management system (QMS) --- ensure every supply chain processes has a well-constructed QMS, that incorporates the latest ISO and API requirements and is aligned with the customer global QMS quality manuals;
- Lead / mentor functional quality team members ; ensure alignment around Big Y’s
- Analyze site Customer Complaints (CCRs); create and manage strong operating rhythm for CCRs and track progress; communicate metrics and drive improvements
- In conjunction with other Quality team members, serve as a change agent in institutionalizing Lean Six Sigma quality into process improvement.
- Constantly seek, share, and implement best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Strong understanding of different manufacturing processes, Casting, Sheet Metal, Machining, Alloyed components etc.
- Strong commodity knowledge with Project Management skills
- Understanding of part fitment & inventory management
- Able to perform manufacturing feasibility study, part risk assessment.
- Able to optimize manufacturing process, develop new concepts for continuous improvement.
- Sound knowledge of APQP / PPAP/ MSA
- Sound knowledge of quality standards - ISO/TS
- At least 8 years’ experience
- Experience with a Quality Management system; ISO and API standards as applicable
- Proven track record in implementing change
- Six Sigma certified (Black belt preferred)
- Aviation experience candidates will be given preference
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes, delivery, and material management.
Factors for Assessing Performance (Functional Competencies):
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Prior leadership experience is preferred
- Statistically literate and familiar with quality concepts and tools
- Able to make executive level presentations
- Quality and cost driven
Please contact with: email@example.com
Quality Lead, Manufacturing Engineer, Six Sigma black belt